Instrumentation/Control Systems are developing into a manufacturing sector requiring both production and technical expertise. Private industry and government are demanding more accurate electrical/mechanical means for measuring, monitoring and controlling systems and products. Bartlesville’s existing energy expertise, industrial sites, and growing workforce are well-suited to meet this industry’s demands.
Major Activities and Services
Manufacturer of measuring, and control instruments. Manufacturer of a variety of industrial and fluid power valves. Manufacturer power, distribution, and specialty transformers; switchgear and switchboard apparatus; relays; and industrial controls. Specialized development, design and utilization of instrumentation and control processes.
- Existing local industry and occupational specialization
- Unique energy industry network/cluster
- Machine Tool/Machinist Program at Tri-County Technology Center
- Applied Technology program at Rogers State University
- Existing industrial sites
- Growing retail workforce, likely attracted to higher-paying and more stable positions
Instrumentation/Control Systems - U.S. Overview
|Industry||NAICS Code||2010 National Employment||5-Year Projected Change||National Earnings per Worker|
|Electronic instrument manufacturing||3345||422,708||-1%||$99,430|
|Industrial valve manufacturing||332911||24,668||2%||$68,892|
|Electrical equipment manufacturing||33531||143,786||-10%||$74,607|
Source: Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc.