Business Category: Research and Development, Major Employers
On July 1, 2000, Chevron Corporation and Phillips Petroleum Company, now Phillips 66, combined their worldwide petrochemical businesses, excluding Chevron’s oronite additives business, to form Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC. Chevron and Phillips 66 each own 50 percent of Chevron Phillips Chemical.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical is one of the world’s top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, piping, and proprietary plastics.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical produces chemical products that are essential to manufacturing over 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical, with its joint venture partners, operates 33 manufacturing and research centers.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas (north of Houston).
- Chevron Phillips Chemical has approximately 5,000 employees worldwide.